- FENOGLIDE is a prescription medication that contains fenofibrate and can help adult patients lower the amount of LDL (bad) cholesterol while also increasing the amount of HDL (good) cholesterol when combined with diet and exercise.
- FENOGLIDE is also used to treat patients with elevated triglyceride levels when combined with diet and exercise.
- FENOGLIDE has not been shown to reduce heart disease in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- FENOGLIDE tablets should be taken once a day with food.
- FENOGLIDE tablets should be taken 1 hour before or 4 hours after a bile acid resin.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Talk to your doctor before starting FENOGLIDE if you have a diagnosis of kidney, liver, or gallbladder dysfunction. Your doctor may order additional laboratory tests to monitor your organ function during therapy.
- You should not take FENOGLIDE if you have severe kidney problems or are receiving dialysis, if you have gallbladder or active liver disease, if you are breastfeeding, or if you are allergic to fenofibrate or any of the other ingredients in FENOGLIDE.
- Muscle pain and the destruction of muscle tissue have been reported in patients taking fenofibrate. The risk of serious muscle problems is increased when fenofibrate is combined with a statin or colchicine. The risk is even greater in patients of advanced age or patients diagnosed with diabetes, kidney failure, or hypothyroidism.
- There is a risk of severe bleeding in patients taking fenofibrate while on Coumadin (warfarin sodium) anticoagulation therapy. FENOGLIDE patients taking Coumadin should have their PT/INR values (blood clotting test) closely monitored as their dose of Coumadin may need to be adjusted.
The most common adverse reactions observed with FENOGLIDE therapy are abnormal liver tests, increased liver enzymes, increased creatine phosphokinase (CPK) levels, and nasal congestion.DRUG INTERACTIONS
- Tell your doctor about all of the medications you take, both prescription and non-prescription drugs, including vitamins and herbal supplements. FENOGLIDE may interact with other medicines you are currently taking. Your doctor may order laboratory testing to monitor these interactions.
FENOGLIDE is available by prescription only. For additional information, talk to your healthcare provider and see Full Prescribing Information.
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader is required to view these documents. Download now.
The content of this website is not a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be interpreted as treatment recommendations or relied on for medical diagnosis or treatment. Please see complete Legal Disclaimer.
This site is intended for the exclusive use of residents of the United States of America.
Your healthcare professional can give you more information about FENOGLIDE or call 1-888-778-0887. Ask your healthcare professional if FENOGLIDE may be right for you.
To report a Product Adverse Event or Product Complaint: 1-888-778-0887, Monday-Friday, 9:00 am-7:00 pm Eastern Time
Note: You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Reference: Data on file, Santarus, Inc.